Chewy Cocoa Brownies
(From grouprecipies.com, link here.)
Ingredients
1 2/3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons water
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups AP flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan. Combine sugar, butter, and water in a large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; stir into sugar mixture. Stir in nuts (if you want). Spread into baking pan. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
A. and I are on a hunt for a chewy brownie recipe...and so I googled for a recipe that I could use, hoping to compare the two. However, even though I got the recipe from a completely different place, they were exactly the same. BOO.
This didn't come out exactly as I had hoped...while they are slightly chewy, it wasn't quite the texture I was going for. Maybe I need to google fudgy instead of chewy...I am looking for a recipe that produces brownies like the ones from the Ghirardelli box mix. Too bad I didn't think of that before...because a recipe is here. I would need more ingredients than what I had, but maybe it is worth a shot. Without the nuts.
No picture this time. They just look like brownies.
Seriously, who knew brownies were so complicated? :P
ReplyDelete