Sunday, June 6, 2010

Nutella Cupcakes

Nutella Frosted Cupcakes
(From the baker who cooks, link here.)

Ingredients
10 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups sifted AP flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
Nutella, about 1/3 cup

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners. Cream together butter and sugar until light, about 2 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Don't worry if the batter doesn't look smooth. Add vanilla. Stir in flour,s alt, and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains. Fill each muffin liner to about 3/4 full. Top each cake with about 1 1/2 teaspoons Nutella. Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the Nutella. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.



I didn't swirl as much as I should have...the Nutella didn't make it to the lower part of the cupcakes. Sad face. The batter was super thick and dense...and it was a bit difficult to get into the muffin tins. These do taste pretty good...but I think I would rather use a different cupcake recipe and then swirl in some Nutella and skip frosting next time. Eh. They were a good experiment though. :)

1 comment:

  1. Do you look at Tastespotting and Foodgawker? I saw this recipe there the other day...but Nutella does not interest me, haha, so I didn't bookmark it. They look nice and poofy though :)

    ReplyDelete