Sunday, June 20, 2010

cake donuts!

I was lucky and got a mini cake donut pan for my birthday! (thanks much!) This was my first attempt at using it. :)

Cake Donuts
(From the wrapping on a Norpro Cake Donut Pan)
Yield: about 36 donuts

2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly spray donut pan with cooking oil. In bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. Add butter, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Beat until well blended. Fill each donut hole 2/3 full. Bake 8 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool. Remove from pan and dip into glaze. When the pan has cooled, wipe clean with cloth or paper towel and repeat process.



Glaze

1 cup confectioner's sugar
2 tablespoons HOT water



I didn't have any nutmeg, so that got omitted. I only made half the glaze recipe...which was just enough to have glaze on all donuts, without having too much. Oh, and I made exactly 36!

I also didn't wait for the pan to cool before I took out the donuts and repeated the process. I used a fork to take out the donuts as soon as the pan came out of the oven, and cooled the pan in an ice bath to repeat. I didn't want the oven to be on for forever...and this worked out just fine.

The donuts are a little dry, but they are pretty good, and the glaze helps. It soaks into the donuts after about a day or so.

1 comment:

  1. I saw another recipe for baked donuts somewhere...I have a lot of them bookmarked, actually. I'm glad you used it! They're so cute.

    ReplyDelete