Saturday, May 22, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
(From A Taste of HECO)

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups peanut butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter and sugars together. Add peanut butter and mix until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. Sift remaining ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Form into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes.



I have made these cookies before and my family has decided that we really like this recipe. Last time I added some semi sweet chocolate chips to half, and that came out okay. This time I didn't. These cookies are very peanut buttery, so if you don't like peanut butter this recipe isn't for you. Also, the recipe makes a crapload of cookies....so make sure you either adjust for quantity of have lots of friends to share with! :) I learned that I should always grease my cookie sheets though, so I just spray them with some PAM. It's more for my peace of mind and knowing that I won't have to vigorously scrub my cookie sheets to get all remaining cookie bits off of them when I am cleaning up than it is necessary.

1 comment: