Saturday, May 22, 2010

Oatmeal Cookies

Oatmeal Cookies
(From the back of a Coach's Oats bag)

1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 3/4 cup AP flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups Coach's Oats
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, cream together the sugars and butter. Mix in the eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla. Add combined baking powder, baking soda, flour, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well. Stir in oats and raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool cookies on a wire rack.



I have to say that I totally messed up this one. First of all, I put 2 tablespoons of vanilla into the batter, not 2 teaspoons. I don't know what I was thinking...what kind of recipe has two tablespoons of vanilla? Gah. Then I left the first batch in the oven for too long...and they burned. And stuck to the cookie sheets. It says ungreased...but grease your cookie sheets. I lucked out though...my mom helped me scrub them. The next batch that I put in came out a lot better. These cookies spread out a lot in the oven, so leave some space. They are okay...slightly chewy...but very oatmeal-y. Coach's Oats are kind of intense and not like Quaker Oats at all...and that might have been it. I think I am on a lookout for a new recipe though (maybe Quaker Oats next time?). And if I do make these again, I need to add more raisins.

2 comments:

  1. I like lots of raisins in my cookies. And yeah, Coach's oats are...are they steel cut or something? I like to use parchment paper on my cookie sheets.

    And...I like the Quaker Oats recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are steel cut. Definitely different when you eat it like normal oatmeal. I like it as breakfast...i just didn't like their cookie recipe.

    ReplyDelete